What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSN - windows live messenger to the normal basic wondows messenger. PROBLEM?

MSN - windows live messenger to the normal basic wondows messenger. PROBLEM?
Author: Message:
boblegend8

O.P. MSN - windows live messenger to the normal basic wondows messenger. PROBLEM?
ok on my laptop i have windows live messenger and Messenger Plus installed. When ever i talk to someone who is using the orignal windows messenger (very basic one), when i talk it comes up with this [.a=.#F.F.FF.F.F].[.c.=#.0.0.0.0.0.0]{{{... here}}}}}[/.c.].[./a] <-------- or something like tht

its a real pain for people im talking to...
any ideas anyone
thanks
05-22-2008 04:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN - windows live messenger to the normal basic wondows messenger. PROBLEM?
I presume your contact can see that code in your nickname?

Only contacts with Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live will see the code you posted above (which is called BBCode) because it was introduced into MP!L, therefore people who don't have MP!L (that includes people using the old Windows Messenger) won't see the code.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you're still confused.

This post was edited on 05-22-2008 at 05:19 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
05-22-2008 05:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
boblegend8

O.P. RE: MSN - windows live messenger to the normal basic wondows messenger. PROBLEM?
hmmm ok but the bbcode i posted above does appear in the message to a older version of windows messenger. You see the bbcode, but because its an older version it has no effect right?

soo how do i go about removing it, so the older version of windows messenger dont see it at all? or is that not possible?

oh and thanks for the answer.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I presume your contact can see that code in your nickname?

The contactt im talking to does not see that in my nick name, but in this message i send him.

so, if i typed on "hi" on my laptop, the person with the older version of it would read [.a=.#F.F.FF.F.F].[.c.=#.0.0.0.0.0.0]hi[/.c.].[./a]
05-22-2008 05:21 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN - windows live messenger to the normal basic wondows messenger. PROBLEM?
I see. You must be using a script to add the BBCode to your messages? To turn it off: Click the Scripts Icon on your Messenger contacts list (see screenshot below), then click Scripts Preferences. Untick the script and click OK. :)

[Image: scriptprefshk2.png]
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
05-22-2008 05:30 PM
boblegend8

O.P. RE: MSN - windows live messenger to the normal basic wondows messenger. PROBLEM?
ok ill see if it works

thanks

ok all fixed thanks for the help
05-22-2008 05:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
PS: for your own safety and security, never install scripts if you don't know what they will do.

The fact that you didn't know from where these codes came from, or worse to turn it off, suggests that you've installed a gradient script without even knowing what it did....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-22-2008 07:26 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: