What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » VB6 project refuses to load

VB6 project refuses to load
Author: Message:
HackaJack

O.P. Huh?  VB6 project refuses to load
I have been working on a project for 5 months. When I tried to open the project yesterday, it gave an error "PayMaster.vbp cannot be loaded". I opened the VBP file with notepad, but it was empty. I also opened some of the FRM files in notepad and some of those where empty too.

I tried to load a previous backup but some of the forms refuses to load. Then I tried making a new project and adding the forms, but it creates and error log saying "Line 91: Class MSAdodcLib.Adodc of control adoEN was not a loaded control class."

Then I tried making a new project and first adding all the components and references and then tried adding the forms but still 5 of my forms refuses to load. Please help, I need to finish this project before Monday, and there is no way I can re-create 5 months of work in less than one week.

I also run daily Virus updates and scans on my machine. I have Windows XP SP2, and Visual Studio Enterprise Edition SP6. Automatic updates on my operating system is ON.
10-03-2006 07:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: VB6 project refuses to load
What happens if you create a new project, Add all the needed references then add all the forms back in?

The forms that are viewed in notepad and are empty are going to have to be redone it seems like.
10-04-2006 04:17 AM
HackaJack

O.P. RE: VB6 project refuses to load
It just gives an error as soon as I try to add any of the forms. "Cannot load 'frmAttendance.frm"
10-04-2006 05:21 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: VB6 project refuses to load
Post your project here and I will take a look at it for you.
10-04-2006 04:41 PM
HackaJack

O.P. RE: VB6 project refuses to load
I wish I could but its 89.5 MEG. The code is 25 326 lines wich prints out in 506 pages. The code of the the forms that refuses to load is inaccessable. The hex code of the forms contains nothing but zeros.
10-05-2006 04:52 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: