What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Event Viewer Misfunction

Event Viewer Misfunction
Author: Message:
pmetwalli

O.P. Event Viewer Misfunction
1. How can I set up the program so that the event viewer window automatically opens up when I sign into windows live messenger?

2. Will the events viewer tell me about events that occured while I was signed out?

3. Why must I always check mark the box for the even viewer window in the prefences section>messenger tab>event logging option each time I sign in? Why does the events viewer option not stay? Why must I reactivate it everytime I sign in?

Thank you
pmetwalli
11-01-2006 07:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Event Viewer Misfunction
quote:
Originally posted by pmetwalli
2. Will the events viewer tell me about events that occured while I was signed out?
No, unless you leave you WLM as appear offline.
11-01-2006 08:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Event Viewer Misfunction
quote:
1. How can I set up the program so that the event viewer window automatically opens up when I sign into windows live messenger?
Tick:
1) Plus! > Preferences > Messenger > Event Logging > Display the event Viewer Window
2) After you've done this the menu item Plus! > Display Event Viewer should be ticked also.

The event viewer will now always be visible for the account you are signed in with.

quote:
No, that is logically impossible. If there is no connection to the msn servers, nothing can be logged.

quote:
3. Why must I always check mark the box for the even viewer window in the prefences section>messenger tab>event logging option each time I sign in? Why does the events viewer option not stay? Why must I reactivate it everytime I sign in?
Once you've changed it, it should stay.

Though, some 3rd party programs can prevent other programs from making changes to the registry (and thus prevent saving their settings). So make sure you aren't running any such 'security' programs.

Also, try to tick the option, press 'ok', go back to the same option and untick it, press 'ok', then sign out (before exiting messenger!). After all that close Messenger properly and restart it and see if it is still ticked.

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 12:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2006 12:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: