What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Not Updating Contacts / Name etc

Windows Live Not Updating Contacts / Name etc
Author: Message:
JayDub

O.P. Windows Live Not Updating Contacts / Name etc
I noticed a while that people would add me to msn as I would use eBuddy a lot but then would I would use my Windows Live Messenger they would not show up.  If I went on Windows Messenger I would be able to see them on my contact list, they would show up and I was able to talk with them.  Since then I have had to use Windows Messager as opposed to MSN 8 since I cannot talk with half of my contacts.

If I change my MSN screen name and then I go on MSN 8 my msn name still has not been changed. 

I have tried everything I can think of, reinsalling, uninstallign and installing the newest version but I still cannot get my contacts to appear on my list.

It is like MSN Live is not connecting to the MSN Servers to grad my information such as contacts and settings and then applying them and instead it is as if it is storing this information on my computer and thus it never shows my proper information.
12-01-2006 04:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Not Updating Contacts / Name etc
So what you're saying is that whatever you change on eBuddy does not appear when you use Windows Live Messenger, correct?

This happens to me all the time. I have no problem going from computer to computer using WLM or Web Messenger, but a problem with eBuddy.

I suspect it's eBuddy's problem
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6593 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes, 55 seconds ago.

12-01-2006 02:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
JayDub

O.P. RE: Windows Live Not Updating Contacts / Name etc
What I do on eBuddy I can see the affects on in Windows Messenger.
12-02-2006 12:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: