What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » can't access WLM official download page

can't access WLM official download page
Author: Message:
rix

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. can't access WLM official download page
Hey!

I can't figure out the way to reach and access the official download page of WLM. It has been like this since... MSN Messenger became WLM, i guess. I just never paid attention to it.

Anyway, the link should be get.live.com/messenger/overview, right? Well, im redirected to ideas.live.com and like this for every get.live.com page. I tryed to change my country in my profile (account.live.com) and switched it to the United Kingdom. Result: i still can't access the right page, but from now on the ideas.live.com is different.

I have also deleted cookies and cache for both, IE and Firefox. Im able to access and download WLM from direct link and Microsoft Download Center, but i'd just like to see the download page.

Any ideas?
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
02-06-2007 05:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: can't access WLM official download page
get.live.com will redirect you based on the preferred language in your browser settings.

Tried it myself, and with Estonian you're indeed redirected to ideas.live.com which is strange since WLM 8.1 has an official Estonian translation now. Looks like MS screwed up :D. You can change your preferred browser language to English, but then you will also get the English setup instead of the Estonian one (still can get every language from MS Downloads).

To change preferred browser language:
IE: Tools > Internet Options > General> Languages > Add > select the language > OK > use Move Up to make it the highest priority
FF: Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Choose > select the language > Add > use Move Up to make it the highest priority
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-06-2007 11:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rix

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: can't access WLM official download page
Oh, i didn't even consider it as possible cause. :O

But yeah, that's the problem and everything is working when English is the most preferred language. Strange indeed, as Estonian is now fully supported regarding to WLM (though Microsoft site had support for Estonian already earlier). I think im going to contact the support team to get information about the problem.

Thanks! :)
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
02-07-2007 07:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: