What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger freezing when sending message

Messenger freezing when sending message
Author: Message:
vintagechic

O.P. Messenger freezing when sending message
I downloaded the new Windows Live Messenger - how sorry I am that I did.  The message never gets sent, Messenger either freezes or my computer crashes every time I send a message. 

1.  Is there anything I can do to stop this

2.  Preferably is there any way I can go back to the old Messenger which never failed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Vintagechic
03-24-2007 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger freezing when sending message
I am really unsure of a remedy to your problem.  After a quick search of the forum I did not find an answer.  Until someone else can help you out further I would first suggest that you uninstall WLM (going through Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs) and then reinstalling to see if that work.

If that fails then you can uninstall WLM (following the method above) and then installing MSN Messenger 7.5.0324.  I'm sorry that is not an official link but it is a trusted mirror.

If you are looking to install plus as well please make sure that it is removed for both the reinstalling of WLM and this section before installing Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 or Messenger Plus! Live 4.20.262 if the reinstalling worked correctly.
[Image: markee.png]
03-24-2007 01:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vintagechic

O.P. RE: Messenger freezing when sending message
quote:
Originally posted by markee
I am really unsure of a remedy to your problem.  After a quick search of the forum I did not find an answer.  Until someone else can help you out further I would first suggest that you uninstall WLM (going through Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs) and then reinstalling to see if that work.

If that fails then you can uninstall WLM (following the method above) and then installing MSN Messenger 7.5.0324.  I'm sorry that is not an official link but it is a trusted mirror.

If you are looking to install plus as well please make sure that it is removed for both the reinstalling of WLM and this section before installing Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 or Messenger Plus! Live 4.20.262 if the reinstalling worked correctly.

Many thanks for your help, will try that
Vintagechic
03-24-2007 02:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: