What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Hide Online Status Live Mail

Hide Online Status Live Mail
Author: Message:
Secrets

O.P. Hide Online Status Live Mail
ok got a question for you all

I can block people on my list so they can not see my online status, i can change my privacy settings so they can not see me unless on my allow list BUT i can not stop them from seeing my status on their email in Internet Explorer

If i have sent them an email there will be an icon next to my email in their inbox that shows my status regardless of what i have done in msn.

Can you tell me how to hide this feature as i if i have them blocked i dont want them to see me as online in their email or they will know i have them blocked!

Your help is most appreciated.

Cheers

Secrets
06-11-2007 04:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Hide Online Status Live Mail
Live Mail gets contacts' statuses from WLM itself already. It doesn't check the protocol seperately.

If you block one contact and then send an email him, he will see you as Offline when he opened your mail, if and only if his WLM is opened and signed in.

Note that if you blocked them after they opened your mail in IE, your status won't change as Offline in IE unless he refreshes the site or re-open your mail.
06-12-2007 08:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: