What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » uninstall sponsor

uninstall sponsor
Author: Message:
Maxine

O.P. uninstall sponsor
Oh dear, I'm really sorry to have to ask as I can see this question has been brought up a number of times but I really am having problems uninstalling the sponsor programme on my one computer.

I have successfully uninstalled it on my one computer, went onto add or remove etc and clicked uninstall sponsor only and followed the instructions, typed in series of numbers, and this was great, problem solved.  However when I try to do the same on my second computer, it is not asking me for the series of numbers, and although it is telling me it has uninstalled, it hasn't and I am still getting the pop ups.

I have tried uninstalling the whole thing and re-installing several times now but still no success.  Any suggestions please I have spent nearly all day trying to get to the bottom of this as I find some of the popups in appropriate as I have youngsters who use the computer.  Oh and before anybody asks, my daughter installed it in the first place and just agreed to the sponsors! 

Thanks
06-14-2007 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: uninstall sponsor
Have a read of this thread. :) (Similar situation)

Hope that helps. If your still having problems, let me know.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-14-2007 03:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Maxine

O.P. RE: uninstall sponsor
Thank you so much Chris for your prompt reply, I disabled my Mcfee and guess what? it worked!

Im still abit confussed though because i didnt have to disable Mcfee on my other computer to get rid of the sponsor.

Never mind, it has done the trick.

Many thanks

Maxine
06-14-2007 03:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: