What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger 5.1 will not work, but sometimes does

Messenger 5.1 will not work, but sometimes does
Author: Message:
wet

O.P. Messenger 5.1 will not work, but sometimes does
Hi,

We are a company running Exchange 2003 and we have Messenger 5.1 connected to it via SIP. All users are fine and it all works well, except for one user. Recently Messenger has stopped working. I have asked the networking and domain guys to have a look and they cant see anything wrong. I deleted her profile and it then worked very briefly.

I then got the user to try her account on another machine. This worked fine. I then got her to do a full Symantec Antivirus scan and Ad-aware/Spybot S&D scan. All came back clear!!!

We the got another user to log onto her machine and then they could not access mesenger either. The user then logged back in and it was working fine. Now this morning the user came into work and Messenger did not work. She logged in as the other bloke and his did not work, but then logged back into her own and it was working fine again. Very werid.

The error message she keeps getting is:

quote:
A TLS connection could not be made. Please wait for your network administrator to correct this problem, and try again later.

Thanks
I have also tried to un-install and then re-install, just incase anyone asks :P
07-17-2007 01:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger 5.1 will not work, but sometimes does
This is the only thing I could find on Google about this problem.
Probably means more to you than it does to me.

quote:
REPORTED PROBLEM

Users connecting to LCS 2003 configured for TLS with Windows Messenger 5.0 could connect successfully. After upgrading to Windows Messenger 5.1 they would fail the connection with the error:

A TLS connection could not be made. Please wait for your network administrator to correct this problem, and try again later.

CAUSE

The cause of this problem is with the Certificate Revocation List (CRL) and how each client handles it. Windows Messenger 5.0 will not treat a failure to get the CRL as fatal but the Windows Messenger 5.1 client will. If you capture the client logon with Network Monitor or Ethereal then you can see the LDAP or HTTP connection attempt.

http://blogs.technet.com/toml/archive/2005/03/25/402318.aspx
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-17-2007 01:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wet

O.P. RE: Messenger 5.1 will not work, but sometimes does
We have tried to install the latest company certificate and still no luck. Thanks for your help but were going to let it beat us and probably just re-install the machine. Would have been nice to know what it was.

Thanks

Nick
07-25-2007 12:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: