What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Disappearing contacts...

Disappearing contacts...
Author: Message:
Clivewire

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Disappearing contacts...
Right so I've added a few people in the last 2weeks or so off a chat room and I added them talked to them fine on msn for a while different amounts of time depending on when I added them. Then I noticed that there were a few of them who hadn't been on for a few days which wasn't like them. So what I've kind of worked out is I think they have been but they haven't been showing up online, and before you say I've been blocked I know for a fact its not that because I'm talking to one the people on the chat room at the moment and they promise me I haven't been by them.

Anyone know how to fix this? I've tried re-adding them...no luck. I might make a new account in a bit, save me because I've had my current one for around 6 years now.
09-24-2007 09:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Disappearing contacts...
Exit Messenger. Go to My Computer. Tools > Folder Options > View. Choose to view hidden files and folders and click OK. Now go to your hard drive (Usually C:\), then Documents and Settings, then your name, then the Contacts folder. You will now see different folders with different emails. Delete the folder of your email address. This will delete the cache of your contacts, NOT your actual contacts. Open Messenger back up and sign in, see if you have the same problem. Good luck.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-24-2007 10:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Clivewire

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Disappearing contacts...
Hey thanks a lot but when I did this I think there was still no change and then when I go back into contacts>>where my name was its there again. After I've deleted it from recycle bin as well. It is only a select few contacts which have disappeared as well which is the stranger thing.
09-24-2007 10:13 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Have you tried deleting the contact[s] and re-adding them?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-24-2007 10:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Clivewire

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Disappearing contacts...
Right I've given it ago, I don't know if it will have worked yet, thanks a lot anyway for any help you can/have offered. :)
09-24-2007 10:23 PM
Clivewire1

Hey I really don't think that this has worked either. Do you have any other ideas?

Or is starting a new account a better idea because I'm not sure but it may just ahppen again.
09-24-2007 11:40 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: