What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » encrypted chat logs!

encrypted chat logs!
Author: Message:
rhi323

O.P. encrypted chat logs!
Hello, was wondering if anybody can help!! im no good with computers at all, so bare with me!

I accidentally deleted some of my encrypted chat logs &  then emptied the recycle bin! stupid i know.

I managed to recover the deleted logs with an undelete program. and then saved them to my usb drive.. but when i try to open them it says
" this file was not encrypted by messenger plus! (or is corrupted.)"

These chat logs were encrypted between 2005 & 2007.
is this because i have a new version of messenger that i can't read them?

Also when i try to open them on my boyfriends computer, they just open in notepad & are just all symbols..( as i said i know nothing about computers!)

is there ne way at all i can access these chat logs.. i still know my password and everything - but they still won't open?

thank - you!
10-28-2007 11:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: encrypted chat logs!
The undelete program probably did not do a very good job of undeleting them leaving parts missing (maybe they were overwritten). There is nothing else you can do if thats the case
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-28-2007 12:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: encrypted chat logs!
quote:
Originally posted by rhi323
These chat logs were encrypted between 2005 & 2007.
In 2005 there was only Messenger Plus! v.3, but after June 2006 there has been also Messenger Plus! Live. Messenger Plus! Live can open old chat logs, but old MsgPlus! can't open new ones created by Messenger Plus! Live. (I'm not sure though)

The warning window comes from Messenger Plus! v.3. Make sure the file you are trying to open hasn't been encrypted by Messenger Plus! Live. If you cannot, just install Messenger Plus! Live, and then try to open them again.

Also are you copying those log files to your computer from your usb drive before trying to open them? If not, try it.
10-28-2007 01:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: