What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Event log improvement suggestion

Event log improvement suggestion
Author: Message:
grmin

O.P. Event log improvement suggestion
I have some troubles when looking at the event log list

First of all, there is the event and the time it occured, but not the date. So, I know that Mary logged on at 21:32 but I cannot know if that was yesterday or on another day

The second problem is that the event list seems to be automatically cleared althought never asked to.

Is it a misuse, is there a bypass, is it planned to fix these issues ?

I use :
- Windows Live Messenger 8.1.078.00,
- MessengerPlus Live 4.50.00.312
- WinXP-sp2

thx
02-07-2008 01:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Event log improvement suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by grmin
I have some troubles when looking at the event log list

First of all, there is the event and the time it occured, but not the date. So, I know that Mary logged on at 21:32 but I cannot know if that was yesterday or on another day
Just hover your mouse on event entry which you wonder the date of, a tooltip will appear. Since most of the people doesn't stay signed in for one day long, making the viewer window crowded with the same line of date for many entries would be really bad and useless.
quote:
The second problem is that the event list seems to be automatically cleared althought never asked to.

Is it a misuse, is there a bypass, is it planned to fix these issues ?

I use :
- Windows Live Messenger 8.1.078.00,
- MessengerPlus Live 4.50.00.312
- WinXP-sp2

thx
Unless you sign out of your current ID and sign in with a new one on the same Messenger client, it shouldn't clear itself. Can you keep an eye on it to tell us what happens and it clears itself? But note that, after an amount of entry, new entries override the ones at the beginning. You can increase the entry number from Event Viewer Preferences (default is 500 entries)
02-07-2008 02:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: