What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » can mistakes happen

can mistakes happen
Author: Message:
muddled

O.P. can mistakes happen
Using messenger plus i assigned a specific song to alert me when my partner who works away,was opening a chat.I also assigned a new alert for when a new chat started other than witih me.after completing our conversation he logged off under one name.and to my dismay this new chat alert opened and i saw his name change from the one he had used with me to another .He remained as offline .He has denied all knowlesge of this and said his pc was turned off.I have no alerts assigned to anyon else on my list of contacts.Am i going out of my mind...is he telling the truth...and cann this alert just happen.
am desperate to know.
Thannk you to anyone who can put me out of my misery.

If it helps,his chat with me showed in the logs and chs status showed in the event viewer but this last one showed nothing.
04-04-2008 02:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: can mistakes happen
Even if he was appearing offline, you would not have received a status update, possible bug I think
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-04-2008 04:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
muddled

O.P. RE: can mistakes happen
Thank you for your reply.I do realise this is a sensitive issue and you have been extremely diplomatic.For now at least,I will think it a pc error,or a bug as you suggested... and move on
04-04-2008 08:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: can mistakes happen
I will point out though whilst looking at protocol messages sent to my Messenger client, I noticed a request for my display picture from on offline contact. I asked them if they were online and they were, even though my client is not supposed to know they are online, they still need to request my display picture to be able to see it (I imagine it's the same if they block you)

So to sum up,they may have sent a request to see some of your information, but their status would not have been updated to you, leading me to think it is a bug, but there is no way I can be certain
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-05-2008 11:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: