What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Just doesen't Install!

Just doesen't Install!
Author: Message:
dadar92

O.P. Just doesen't Install!
So, hearing about the new WLM 9.0(Build 14.0.5027.908). I got my hands on it and downloaded it. I had just restored the P.C so it was COMPLETELY new. There was no Windows Live Messenger before. I got this installation file and I clicked it. A small box saying "Installing" then thats all. Nothing happened after this. I checked in the Add Or Remove Programmes and it was there. I unintsalled it and there was no process or anything but the name got taken of the list.

So I went and just got the official non beta version from the main website and tried installing it. But the error it gives me is "There is a newer version of WLM, so take that out bla bla bla". I just can't take it out! It appears to be still in the computer somehow. Even if you get the beta from the official ideas.live.com and I try to get the WLM it says I already have it and offers me the other products..

And help will greatly be appreciated as its really frustrating not having communication via WLM..
Thanks.

So after researching for hours since last nite. I finally found it. A person had a similar problem to mine and posted it on forums and the solution was :

You can remove the current Wave 3 Messenger beta by click Start, then Run (if not using
Vista): then type:
msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859}
and press Enter.

http://www.liveside.net/forums/t/2125.aspx

Thank you!

This post was edited on 09-25-2008 at 08:36 AM by dadar92.
09-25-2008 07:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: