What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » HELP Needed!!! Windows Live Messenger 8.5 on Different Proxy

HELP Needed!!! Windows Live Messenger 8.5 on Different Proxy
Author: Message:
Digistras

O.P. Shocked  HELP Needed!!! Windows Live Messenger 8.5 on Different Proxy
Hi all, I really need help here and would really appreciate if anyone of you can help me out here. I have just downloaded Windows Live Messenger and was surprised that I can't seem to manually enter the proxy address. It needs to access the proxy setting from Internet Options Control Panel!!!
I'm working on a PC that does not need a proxy for Internet Explorer as it should be left empty to connect to all the network equipments. I can't turn on the proxy because if I turn it on...I will not be able to connect to the equipments as the ip addresses of the equipments are internal and they are accessed through my web browser which happens to be Internet Explorer. So if i turn on the proxy. it will search the internet for the network equipment address when it is inside my internal network. I have managed to get my hands on the proxy address and the port number.

So I would like to know if there is a registry setting that I can tweak or edit to manually insert the proxy address into Windows Live Messenger 8.5? Is there any tools or de-compiler to de-compile the whole Windows Live Messenger 8.5 .exe or .dll file? I have tried mess patch from mess.be but it does not have the option to do so.
Would anyone of you out there be kind enough to share how can this be done? I believe it would benefit everybody who is facing the same problem like me. I would really really appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance!
11-17-2008 09:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP Needed!!! Windows Live Messenger 8.5 on Different Proxy
In internet explorer you can tell it to ignore the proxy for any address you want

Check the box which says "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" and if necessary click the 'advanced' button next to it and you can select specific addresses for it to ignore the proxy for

Another option would be to use a different web browser for accessing the network equipment, or to use a web-based messenger service instead of windows live messenger
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5244 days, 15 hours, 29 minutes, 11 seconds ago
11-17-2008 09:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: