What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » A detective wanted...

A detective wanted...
Author: Message:
Norton

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Tongue  A detective wanted...
[font=Times New Roman][size=2][color=black]

I have a question about messenger for someone who is an expert on the subject...

Okay here goes!

If you have two computers on broadband in a house and one is a laptop and one is a pc! if you normally check you Hotmail account on the laptop and then do the same on the pc will it keep your email address and sign  you into messenger on the pc? even if you don't have a messenger account? But someone else in the house has a messenger account with a different email address?...

Do you have to have a messenger account for your email to come up in the sign in box? or will that happen if you've got a hotmail account but not a messenger account?

I really hope that someone can help me please,,,

Cheers

01-05-2009 09:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: A detective wanted...
A hotmail account and a messenger account are the same thing

You sign into Messenger using your hotmail username and password
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5253 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes, 6 seconds ago
01-05-2009 10:06 PM
Norton

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: A detective wanted...
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

Many thanks for your prompt replay :)

Okay... what I'm trying to find out is if someone says that they don't have or use messenger but use Hotmail to only check there emails! would messenger hold there email in the sign in box?

Because when the pc is started up and it comes onto the widows home page the messenger box comes up with an email address of someone who doesn't have an messenger account. Or would you have to have signed up for messenger to make that happen?

Many thank :)
01-05-2009 10:15 PM
Norton

– / Male / Flag
quote:

I'll come clean...

My partner has got a hotmail account! but when I went onto the other computer the windows opening page came up but also did messsenger with her email address in ready to type in her pass word!

What I really trying to find out is if she has a messenger account that she's using to chat to someone on the net? But she says that she's not got a messesnger account only a hotmail account! and doesn't use messesnger and only uses Hotmail! and doesn't know why her email address comes up in the messenger account when the pc is booted up?

So please can you put my mind at rest because I don't want to get hiched to someone who is plaing me or the field!

I don't want to get married and regret it...

Many thanks
01-05-2009 10:34 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

36 / Male / Flag
If their email address appeared in the WLM sign-in window (Contact List Window), then yes they have logged in. If you mean that it appeared on the web sign-in form (Hotmail login for example), then that is not proof of Messenger activity
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-05-2009 10:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Norton

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
If their email address appeared in the WLM sign-in window (Contact List Window), then yes they have logged in. If you mean that it appeared on the web sign-in form (Hotmail login for example), then that is not proof of Messenger activity

Thank you very much for that info... When I went onto the computer the windows live messenger box comes up with her email address! The only thing that doesn't come up is the pass word...

Sorry I'm not that much up with computers! So she's got a Messenger account then? Am I correct in saying that?

Many, many thanks...
01-05-2009 11:01 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: A detective wanted...
quote:
Originally posted by Norton
quote:

Thank you very much for that info... When I went onto the computer the windows live messenger box comes up with her email address! The only thing that doesn't come up is the pass word...

Sorry I'm not that much up with computers! So she's got a Messenger account then? Am I correct in saying that?

Many, many thanks...

A Messenger Account is the same as a Hotmail Account.....they are the same thing.

If her e-mail address comes up in the windows live messenger box then it means she has logged into Messenger.

She may not have been chatting with people though, you can log in whether you have contacts or not.....she might just have been curious.

It seems that this is a matter of trust in the relationship that you should be discussing with her and not us.....if you don't trust her, then don't be in the relationship
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5253 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes, 6 seconds ago
01-05-2009 11:08 PM
Norton

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: A detective wanted...
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Norton
quote:

Many, many thanks...

A Messenger Account is the same as a Hotmail Account.....they are the same thing.

If her e-mail address comes up in the windows live messenger box then it means she has logged into Messenger.

She may not have been chatting with people though, you can log in whether you have contacts or not.....she might just have been curious.

It seems that this is a matter of trust in the relationship that you should be discussing with her and not us.....if you don't trust her, then don't be in the relationship

Many thanks for your responce! It is something that I will be taking up with her first thing tomorrow morning!

The reason why I came to this forum was to find out weather she had a messenger account and if she used it! both of which she denied!...

Yes your correct in saying that it's a matter of trust in a relationship! And it has to be a two way street!

I'd like to thank you all for your expertise in this subject...

Many thank again
01-05-2009 11:25 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

36 / Male / Flag
Everybody with a hotmail/msn/google/yahoo or even a private email address can log into messenger, so that's not something to throw at her if she TOLD you she has an EMAIL address.

<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-05-2009 11:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: