What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MsgPlusLive-481 not working with WLM v2008, build 8.5

MsgPlusLive-481 not working with WLM v2008, build 8.5
Author: Message:
asmodeous

O.P. MsgPlusLive-481 not working with WLM v2008, build 8.5
Dear Awesome people at MSGPlus forums.

I apologize in advance for the long post. I'm just a bit frustrated with my problem.

I've been using MSGPlus for quite a while, I know for fact since at least version 3. In any case, of late, WLM would not remember my username & password to log me automatically.

So I tried to fix it, and wound up uninstalling it WML and thought try out the new WML 2009.

Since a couple of days I have not been able to get MSG Plus live to work.

So I've tried

quote:
Problem 2:

* Msg Plus! Live not on messenger, eventhough I installed it.
    * Msg Plus! Live will not work properly, and some functions are not working!

quote:Originally posted by Patchou

One other big reason found so far for all these problems: having an old (or recent) Smiley Central DLL if your Messenger directory. Uninstalling Messenger will not remove this file.

After uninstall Windows Live Messenger, make sure to delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger"before reinstalling, this has been proven to fix many problems from people emailing me.

I don't have smiley, kiwee, gdi++ on my PC.

quote:
[Image: on.gif] Problem 5: I still can't install if after trying all of the above!

quote:Originally posted by Sunshine

If you're still having problems,  then you most likely have programs running wich prevent writing in the registry or you tried to install it on an account without admin priviledges. In that case close down that program and or if you are not sure wich program and/or wether or not your windows account has enough priviledges reboot into safe mode and try to install on the account called "administrator".

I am the admin on my PC, I've also tried to get MSG Plus to work while in safemode.

I've uninstalled, WLM 2009, and installing the v8.5, and tried to reinstall MSG plus live, but to no avail.

the only time it works, is when I install a MSGPlus v3. and then it appears in the toolbar of WLM 8.5, however it says it's not compatible with this version, and therefore I need to upgrade which it doesn't.

Help please.

I can also be reached at al_madani @ hotmail
Thanks
BTW, Just to share an update,

I had to go all the way back to MSN Msgr 7.5 to get plus to work.

I used a program called "reshacker" to get it to work, however I did not use it with the other MSN live mentioned above
06-14-2009 03:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: