What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Can't delete a contact who deleted me?

Can't delete a contact who deleted me?
Author: Message:
Beerxulf

O.P. Can't delete a contact who deleted me?
Hi all,
    Pretty much like the title says.  Recently ended a friendship with someone in real life, *cry cry ..  they've gone and blocked and deleted me off their contact  list and me them as well.  Why am I not able to completely delete them from the block list?

I thought by doing this the delete button in the block list would become available, but it's still greyed out?  And the who added you to their contact list still shows we're on each others list, when in FACT we are not?? 

What's goin on?  :)

This post was edited on 02-19-2010 at 12:07 AM by Beerxulf.
02-19-2010 12:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me?
Read this: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=93784
02-19-2010 12:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Beerxulf

O.P. RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me?
Great info thanks .. From what I gathered from reading those threads its a server issue and it's just a matter of time to catch up.

And before anyone shoots me, I did flip a bunch of pages looking for an answer before I started this thread, but found nothing  ..

02-19-2010 12:26 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Beerxulf
Great info thanks .. From what I gathered from reading those threads its a server issue and it's just a matter of time to catch up.
That depends.... because you also seem to misinterpret some things, from what you've told here.

quote:
They've gone and blocked and deleted me off their contact  list and me them as well.
And the who added you to their contact list still shows we're on each others list, when in FACT we are not?? 
In fact you still _are_ on each other's list. Deleting someone from the contact list does not automatically mean deleting them from every list. A block list is one of those lists too, and thus if you have blocked eachother you _are_ on each others block list and thus you can not delete eachother from the reverse list. You first need to unblock eachother. So, this has absolutely nothing to do with the current server issues; it has been always the case like this.

Then, depending on who has added who first, you first need to delete that contact or he needs to delete you first from the the reverse list. Only then can the other delete the other. It is here that the server issue might come into play. And you reconize that if both you and your contact have the 'delete' option grayed out. If the current server issue isn't there, one of you will see a non-grayed out 'delete' item and should use that.

Also, in every move you do, it can take some time to synacronize the servers. So all of this isn't that instant either, it could take some time.

This post was edited on 02-19-2010 at 05:38 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-19-2010 05:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Beerxulf

Dang..  that takes a little wrapping your head around  lol.

I can't remember who added who first, I know it was within minutes of one us telling the other one, "k, added".

Anywhos, I put them back on my contact list, unblocked them and deleted them without blocking them, but now they're on my "can see your online status" list but off my main contact list.   they won't be able to see me because they/ve deleted me off their main list anyways ..  lol ..  argghhh ..  sounds like this is going to be a stale mate ..

This post was edited on 02-19-2010 at 11:49 AM by Beerxulf.
02-19-2010 11:48 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Anywhos, I put them back on my contact list, unblocked them and deleted them without blocking them, but now they're on my "can see your online status" list but off my main contact list.
This is exactly what you've needed to do. Your contact must now do the very same thing...

After that, you both need to right click eachother in that Reverse List and see if the 'delete' item is grayed out or not. Hopefully (if the server issue doesn't come into play), one of you has the 'delete' item available and must use it. After that, the other one can do the same thing...

Good luck though.

Oh, and if it doesn't work (you both have the 'delete' grayed out), report it to Microsoft (links are given in those linked threads). The more people report it (but do make sure you do have the issue; do NOT report it if you don't have the issue), the more MS would be able to check it out and do something about it....

This post was edited on 02-19-2010 at 10:45 PM by CookieRevised.
02-19-2010 10:43 PM
Beerxulf

ok, so it worked on my end.  I was able to delete them off my list completely.  However, I'm still on their "whos on your list"  ??

I know this because another friend visits there lots and texts me about it when i ask.

Any ideas?  Or is it just a timing thing?
02-22-2010 01:33 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
They must do the same thing as you did, otherwise they will always have the "Beerxulf is on your list" entry (because you still are on one of their lists as long as they don't delete you in the same complete way as you did).

If the above didn't worked, or if they can't do it (because the 'delete' item in the context menu is grayed out), it could be a timing thing though. But it should resolve in 48hours (some docs say 72hours).

If after 48/72h it still isn't possible, it is that server issue and you can't do anything about it.

So, bottom line, now that you have done everything you could, it is up to your contact to do the exact same thing.
02-24-2010 02:03 AM
Beerxulf

hey cookie.. heres the thing.  i have them completely removed my lists.  i had them deleted, blocked and deleted from my block list.  thay are no where in any of my lists.  but..  i am still on there contact list??

will they see me online even though i had blocked them and was able to delete them every list of mine?  and it shows on their lists that i dont have them on any of mine..

weird!

This post was edited on 02-28-2010 at 02:33 AM by Beerxulf.
02-28-2010 02:31 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
If you have the option "Only people on my Allow list can see my status, etc" enabled, then they aren't able to see you anymore.
02-28-2010 07:28 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: