What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat Log Disappeared

Chat Log Disappeared
Author: Message:
ppppb

O.P. Chat Log Disappeared
Hi everyone. I have chat logs enabled for only one of my contacts. I have it set up so that the chat logs are encrypted and organized by month. I was appearing offline, and i received an message from my friend (the one who i have enabled chat logs for) and she was also appearing offline. I read her message but i think i closed the message window. So I went to my June 2010 chat log and opened it. I read the message she had sent me. Then i set my status to online and replied to the message she sent me. My chat logs were still open. I looked at the chat log again to see if the message i just sent her was there, but it didnt update to show me. So i double clicked on June 2010 again while i was already reading June 2010, thinking that it would refresh and update my chat log, but it gave me some kind of message that i cannot remember exactly, but said something like: Cannot open the specified location" or something along those lines. So i double clicked on May 2010 to test to see if it would work and it decrypted and showed me the chat log. I then double clicked on June 2010 and it gave me the same message. Then I closed the Chat Log Viewer and reopened it to see if t would work. When I went to the My Chat Logs file (the file where my logs are stored), I double clicked on my friend's email folder, and found that the June 2010 chat log was gone. It vanished. I have windows Vista, so I used the search feature in the start menu to try to locate the chat logs but could not find the chat log anywhere. I tried restarting my computer, but that also did nothing. Then I restored my computer to the previous day, but that also did not work.
These chat logs were extremely important to me. Does anybody know where they could have gone, or how to get them back? I would greatly appreciate any help.
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE. Even if you cannot help me. Thank you for your time.
06-18-2010 02:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Log Disappeared
Hmmm interesting. I wouldn't have expected the chat log to be lost if you had a decrypted version of the file opened. That doesn't make sense. The logs are not updated in real time (keep that in mind). Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve the chat log.

Sorry.
06-18-2010 06:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ppppb

O.P. RE: Chat Log Disappeared
Oh no. That's terrible. That was the most important chat log i had...
Thank you very much for the info matty. I was thinking that there could be a way to recover it through temp files or something. I'm very unlucky.
06-18-2010 06:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: