What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Cannot see button to WP!L

Cannot see button to WP!L
Author: Message:
philman401

O.P. Cannot see button to WP!L
I installed windows plus! live...but I cannot see the button to access it where it says it was gonna be, and i cannot see it anywhere either.
05-02-2010 06:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Cannot see button to WP!L
Please read the following:

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

Also, the software is called Messenger Plus! Live

This post was edited on 05-02-2010 at 06:16 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5370 days, 5 hours, 25 minutes, 45 seconds ago
05-02-2010 06:16 PM
philman401

O.P. RE: Cannot see button to WP!L
lol oops my bad.

And I didn't restart after install, i just restarted my IM.  I got the wizard for the MPL to set it up, but after I was done it didn't appear.  It didn't really disappear coz it never really appeared in the first place, but i guess there really is no difference.

I do have threatfire, which was one of the conflicting software.  But I do not plan on removing it though.  I can just wait til there is a way to fix that without removing.  Tyvm.
05-02-2010 08:18 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

38 / Male / Flag
Yeah, it doesn't necessarily mean restarting the PC, it's not always that way, but sometimes it can appear that way.

You can safely replace ThreatFire with any number of other free AV products, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, Avast, etc to enable you to use Messenger Plus! Live as well as still having your PC protected.
05-02-2010 08:50 PM
ventrue

RE: Threatfire bug
Maybe ya'll might want to include the following workaround in trying to help those who do not want to uninstall Threatfire but still want to use Plus!:

quote:
If you want to circumvent this issue, you'll need to first exit Threatfire. To do this, hold ctrl and right-click the tray icon. Select "exit." Then, in an administrator-permission command prompt (right-click on the Command Prompt shortcut and select "run as administrator") and type "net stop threatfire" . Now, launch Messenger and Messenger Plus. After everything is loaded, restart ThreatFire by double-clicking any ThreatFire icon.

From:  http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60219

It worked fine for me.  It's a bit tedious, but if you leave your machine running all the time and don't restart it too often, it's not so bad.  One note, in the command prompt, after typing the command to stop the threatfire service it returned a progress dialogue about stopping the service but then stated it could not be stopped.  I did not check to see if it was still running but I launched WLM and Plus! started up just fine and seems to be working normally.

Apparently from reading a bit in their forum, they know about the conflict but it's not a high priority bug.  I noticed a posting from a forum Admin saying he was having a hard time duplicating the issue.  Are 100% of users experiencing this issue when running both of these applications?  I know I've been having problems on an only intermittent basis for perhaps a few months.  I could never imagine why Plus! would sometimes load/run and sometimes not.  Of course, I was only focusing on what conditions differed from when I experienced the issue and when I didn't but admittedly I didn't research the issue.
05-10-2010 10:38 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Thanks for the info, ventrue.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
05-10-2010 04:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

38 / Male / Flag
It does seem a bit long winded to go through that process every time you want to run WLM.....it's not really a practical workaround
05-11-2010 01:23 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: