What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » Open Forum » What's happening, people?

What's happening, people?
Author: Message:
traxor

traxor_v2

O.P. What's happening, people?
This week I spent some time in Toronto, ON and visited the Eaton Center. Almost 12 years ago (August 2006), I had the privilege of meeting a few of the friends I’d made on the Messenger Plus! forums.

At the time, I didn’t realize that my time here would have such an effect on my future. Pretty much all my formative years were spent on that place, and it defined who I am today.

Fifteen years after joining the forum, I’m a resident of the United States and about to hit my 10th year of selling my design services, most recently working on some cool stuff over at Netflix. Without discovering this place, I would not have had the kinds of opportunities to travel, make friends, meet my (now) wife, and get the jobs.

All those late nights staring at a CRT monitor were worth it for me, and I hope you’re all living your best lives too.

Luke.

P.S. This was almost largely driven from remembering the existence of a certain video.
P.S.S. I would love to hear what you're all up to.
P.S.S.S. If anyone lives in Upstate NY, feel free to hit me up.

This post was edited on 06-02-2018 at 05:47 PM by traxor.
06-02-2018 02:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: What's happening, people?
Congrats man!  Sound's like you've had a lot of great things happen!  I missed the tail end of the MsgPlus development stuff....life happened and I had a lot of big changes in living situations etc but I love looking back and reading how everything went!
06-03-2018 12:13 AM
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
[Image: vimtonana.gif]

12 Years Ago I joined the Forum! I'm still living in the UK, somehow ended up as an E-Commerce & Marketing Manager (despite going to Uni for accountancy), and after seeing the little community on the Amazon Seller Forums I got super nostalgic and tried to see if there were any remnants of msghelp... I'd looked before a couple years ago and didn't find anything, so this made me really happy!

The forum was a real escape for me when I was younger, and I made some real true friends!

This is awesome :) Hope everyone is doing well in their lives, happy healthy and all that!

Need to work on some sort of Wild Bird Call to get a load other members back here

This post was edited on 06-13-2018 at 01:02 PM by Vimto.
And when your heart begins to bleed, your dead
and dead and dead indeed.
06-13-2018 07:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
foaly

37 / Male / Flag
It is really nice to hear peoples then and now stories :)
[signature.jpg]
06-27-2018 07:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
We all have fond memories of Traxor.avi :refuck:

Good to know about you. i Lived in NY 2016-2017, cool place to be in. So are you working at Netflix or for them?

We all moved on and i know that you may not read this in who knows how long, but i hope you and everyone else have a happy life :chrongue:. i visit here every now and then, the shoutbox has a little bit of activity sometimes :P

Edited: Seeing that i joined 16 years ago made me feel old, that's half my freaking life rofl

This post was edited on 09-06-2018 at 07:07 AM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
09-06-2018 07:07 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
This week I spent some time in Toronto, ON and visited the Eaton Center. Almost 12 years ago (August 2006), I had the privilege of meeting a few of the friends I’d made on the Messenger Plus! forums.

At the time, I didn’t realize that my time here would have such an effect on my future. Pretty much all my formative years were spent on that place, and it defined who I am today.

Fifteen years after joining the forum, I’m a resident of the United States and about to hit my 10th year of selling my design services, most recently working on some cool stuff over at Netflix. Without discovering this place, I would not have had the kinds of opportunities to travel, make friends, meet my (now) wife, and get the jobs.

All those late nights staring at a CRT monitor were worth it for me, and I hope you’re all living your best lives too.

Luke.

P.S. This was almost largely driven from remembering the existence of a certain video.
P.S.S. I would love to hear what you're all up to.
P.S.S.S. If anyone lives in Upstate NY, feel free to hit me up.

I had followed you on FB for the longest but then you disappeared :P. I had no idea you had moved to the states! Congrats on everything.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
10-14-2019 09:45 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

Good to know about you. i Lived in NY 2016-2017, cool place to be in. So are you working at Netflix or for them?

We all moved on and i know that you may not read this in who knows how long, but i hope you and everyone else have a happy life :chrongue:. i visit here every now and then, the shoutbox has a little bit of activity sometimes :P

Edited: Seeing that i joined 16 years ago made me feel old, that's half my freaking life rofl

Still haven't hit 30 yet, I'm dreading it LOL.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
10-14-2019 09:45 AM
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: What's happening, people?
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

I hate you... that was a memory i wanted to forget... :refuck:
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
08-28-2020 12:00 PM
tony

36 / Male / Flag
hey what's up.
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
08-28-2020 09:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version