What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Few Bugs i have Stumbled on

Few Bugs i have Stumbled on
Author: Message:
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
O.P. Few Bugs i have Stumbled on
Alright I guess I should start with my setup
Windows 98SE
MSN Messenger - Windows-X Edition(MSN.6.1.0211-Windows_X)-Either Standard Skin or the Slightly Enhanced 1
IE6
above the Patches in the Windows-X edition, also Encludes the Games Patch(latest Version)
And MP!3 3.00.92

First 1 I'd like 2 Mention is a Bug in the Event Log, as far as I can tell this isn't at my fault. Earlyer on 2night I had a Friend Log on, witch is reported in the Log, along with a namechange(matching login time), Locked my Messenger, returned later, she was no longer online, but her logging off was not reported in the Log.

Next has somthing 2 do with the Line where it tells u if you have new Emails, the Message has become Garbled, basicly Random Charcators, an sometimes just an o or 0 is on the line.

Also I think this is the last 1, MSN seems 2 like 2 Crash when I log a Second MSN in using the PolygamyPatch, or even the Jrnzloader witch I somtimes use.

Next 1 I'm not positive about but I'll write it down anyway. It envolves the Lock messenger Function(i Really dig that), but I use event log encrytion an such, I logged in an did the password, later locked it, then when I returned I had messages, tho my PC crashed so i never got 2 read them, but when I went 2 read my logs, there was no new entries in any of my logs? witch seemed very Odd. not a Big deal but hope ya catch this bugger

Also this envolves Chat Log Encryption, but mostly with the Loge Events.txt, seems like mine always gets currupted, same with some chat logs, somtimes garbled text also shows in the log files. tho currupted logs has happened even with MP!2 in the past, I'm thinking it may have somthing 2 do with file sizes cuz event logs can get big, maybe Change the Format of output of log files from TXT 2 Doc? or set Log size file limits, and give the user the option 2 start taking lines off the top as the log gets big, or 2 rename and dump 2 a new log, say old now becomes User@hotmail.com.Dump1.txt/User@hotmail.com.Dump1.ple

also While typing the Email line Bug, my MSN also Crashed, witch seems 2 be happening allot since I started 2 use MP!3, I havn't altered the MSN after the MP!3 installation an this just started happening, hope u find these bugz an get this all sorted

Just wanted 2 Add a Screenshot of the Garbled Text on the 'new email' line

.bmp File Attachment: Garbled Text.bmp (10.65 KB)
This file has been downloaded 181 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 06:49 AM by CaSpA.
05-27-2004 04:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Few Bugs i have Stumbled on - by CaSpA on 05-27-2004 at 04:22 AM
RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on - by Sunshine on 05-27-2004 at 09:07 AM
RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on - by CaSpA on 05-27-2004 at 09:21 AM
RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on - by Sunshine on 05-27-2004 at 09:24 AM
RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on - by CaSpA on 05-27-2004 at 11:26 AM
RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on - by Stigmata on 05-27-2004 at 11:31 AM
RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on - by CaSpA on 05-27-2004 at 11:51 AM
RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on - by CookieRevised on 05-27-2004 at 03:22 PM