What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [Solved] A few problems

[Solved] A few problems
Author: Message:
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  [Solved] A few problems
There are a few things with my computer that have been bugging me for a while now...I wondered if anyone can help, I've ran out of ideas...

1) In every account, except mine, icons are displayed properly, however in my account they have a strange colour around them...This also happens with the My Music folder and My Pictures folder, any M$ icon, except other folders and files ect. But sometimes it does affect these...also I have changed back to the default XP themes and styles, but no luck...
[Image: rfter663643634ytedgd.jpg]
The colour changes with the visual style I use...But I am the only one on my computer who uses a visual style so that may be the cause...How can I get the icons back to normal?

2) Autorun has been acting up, no matter what the application I use is (DVD drive, DVD-RW drive, Digital Camera, MP3 player and smart cards) no autorun will be executed even if the correct autoruns on the disk, or I have windows set up to do something when an application is connected or a CD put in drive...All seems to be set up to work. And again this is only in my account...Any ideas to get autorun back and going?

3) Like a moron I accidentally deleted the Internet icon from the start menu. So I simply pasted the Firefox icon back, now this may sound petty but I miss having the bold "Internet" sign above and the smaller Firefox below, I thought it looked neat, Now it's just plain old Firefox, I attached a picture to show what I mean....any ideas to get it back to the original with the word "internet" in bold?
[Image: dsghjsdhoghsodht.jpg]

I'm using  Windows XP 5.01.2600 SP2, although these problems were also on SP1...and I know that they all could be fixed by making a new account for myself, however I don't wish to do that as I don't want to have to get all the current working settings in my account I like reset to default...

To anyone who reads this, thank you, any help is welcome...

This post was edited on 08-11-2004 at 05:19 PM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-11-2004 11:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Solved] A few problems - by Anubis on 08-11-2004 at 11:30 AM
RE: A few problems - by GiantSpider on 08-11-2004 at 11:34 AM
RE: A few problems - by Tochjo on 08-11-2004 at 11:40 AM
RE: A few problems - by KeyStorm on 08-11-2004 at 11:41 AM
RE: A few problems - by Anubis on 08-11-2004 at 01:31 PM
RE: A few problems - by EvilSeph on 08-11-2004 at 03:21 PM
RE: A few problems - by bach_m on 08-11-2004 at 03:30 PM