What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install

moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install
Author: Message:
ewokuk

O.P. moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install
Ive backed up my entire docs and settings folder from the old windows install, which contains all my msn messenger files.  Ive copied the application data\microsoft\msn messenger folder over into my new profile folder and even though msn IS using this folder, it is ignoring all the icons etc that are in the folders.

What the hell do I need to do for it to recognise and use all these files again.  Basically I need to know what setting it is and where it is stored (had a quick look in the registry but cant see anything).

(yes i know i can convert those files to images and re-add them but im not going to do that, i want them back exactly how they were in the same order and with the same shortcut keys for them)

there MUST be some settings stored somewhere that record this data, i can get them from an old ghost backup if needed.

thanks
09-01-2004 11:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install - by ewokuk on 09-01-2004 at 11:47 PM
RE: moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install - by CookieRevised on 09-02-2004 at 12:35 AM
RE: moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install - by ewok on 09-02-2004 at 08:41 AM
RE: moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install - by CookieRevised on 09-02-2004 at 11:16 AM
RE: moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install - by ewok on 09-02-2004 at 12:22 PM
RE: moving msn emoticons etc to new windows install - by Kinny on 04-12-2005 at 11:11 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: