What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » OMG!!!

OMG!!!
Author: Message:
B-Style
Banned

36 / – / –
O.P. OMG!!!
I became verry angry when i read this on the site of "TheBlasphemer"

quote:
Ok, the title may sound stupid, as I'm writing this on my own,
but I'm writing this on behalf of all MSN Programmers: me, Patchou, Ecko, etc.

I really get sick of people thinking that what we do is as easy as drag-and-drop,
people telling us to get a real job, and so on.
I got lots of that kind of remarks when I was thinking about making some extra's to StuffPlug-NG which you would have to pay for, Patchou has been getting them since a long time, and Ecko since his sponsorware.

The worst thing I heard was, highly summarized, "get a job".
I think this is ridiculous, I like working on StuffPlug-NG, and I'm pretty sure both Patchou and Ecko like coding their add-ons,
We spend a lot of time coding these things, and if we would have a job, we wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time on it anymore. not only will we dislike that, you would also have never gotten either Plus!, Stuffplug, or MessengerDiscovery...
However, we, just like any other person, need money to get along... not only money for hosting, but money for food, shelter, and a computer to code on.
I myself see StuffPlug-NG as my job, since I get a fair ammount of money from the google ads. Plus! is Patchou's fulltime job, and for as far as I know Ecko considers MD his job too, and their method to get money was a sponsor program.
If you want to spend a lot of time on a program without getting a dime, then go ahead, but don't complain to us about the way we do it....

Another often heard complaint about sponsorware, which I am not affected by, but it still hurts me to see such people walk around on this globe, is that the optional thing is bullshit, since the opt-in and opt-out screens are designed to trick the user.
I know that Patchou puts a lot of effort into making the screen look as good as possible, but he can't help it he has to include a license for it :/
And even IF the screens where designed to "trick" users, would you rather have it install the sponsor anyway? and stop functioning the moment you remove the spyware?
You people tend to forget that there are a LOT of people out there that do that too,
but somehow they don't tend to get hatemail like this, and often don't even give you the possibility to do so.

Going on with that, I think you should be gratefull that we (Effekt, Patchou, me) are offering you a way to give feedback,
and the way people like this completely abuse this and ruin our motivation just makes me sick.

I'm terribly sorry the forum's are not yet done, since if you wanted to defend yourself I want to give you a chance. but you can reach me on both mess.be and the messenger plus! forums.

First of all, if people say get a real job, the don't deserve the programs that you people make (Effekt, Patchou, TheBlasphemer) I want you to know Blasphemer that i love your program and that of Patchou. I'm not glad with all the sponsor things but i kinder have sponsering than paying. And Blasphemer i wanna thank you for sharing/making your beautiful program i mean  it, 'I'm not ass kissing now, but i just want you all te know that there are people that appreciate what you doing..I will stop now and sorry for my bad English
02-11-2005 11:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
OMG!!! - by B-Style on 02-11-2005 at 11:55 PM
RE: OMG!!! - by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 12:00 AM
RE: OMG!!! - by user27089 on 02-12-2005 at 12:00 AM
RE: OMG!!! - by Hank on 02-12-2005 at 12:04 AM
RE: OMG!!! - by Joa on 02-12-2005 at 12:05 AM
RE: OMG!!! - by Plik on 02-12-2005 at 12:12 AM
RE: OMG!!! - by Edna Mode on 02-12-2005 at 12:18 AM
RE: OMG!!! - by L. Coyote on 02-12-2005 at 12:31 AM