What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File

[Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File
Author: Message:
Indef

O.P. [Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File
There was a thread around here somewhere, but they wanted it for a slightly different purpose to me...

Because of the way my computers are set up, the "MSN Messenger PC" and "Music PC" are seperate. Why? Both crash when doing the other's job. (Very annoying... but I can do two things at once.)

I have already accomplished, getting the Music PC to relay the current playing song to a text file (as mIRC reads from it on the MSN PC), and what I would like is for MSN to do the same.

I know there is a Winamp -> MSN plugin around, but that's for when both programs are on the same computer. What I would like, is plugin that would "poll" the text file every... 10 seconds ( ? ) or so, and update the Personal Message with the first line in the text file (there are 2 lines).

Is this possible? Also, if it's not too much to ask... say someone makes it, can you make a setting so there is also a "static" message before and/or after the text that is inserted from the text file (if that makes sense)?

Thank you in advance.

andy

This post was edited on 09-14-2005 at 12:11 PM by Indef.
[Image: Mistikal.png]
09-14-2005 12:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File - by Indef on 09-14-2005 at 12:10 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File - by matty on 09-14-2005 at 12:15 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File - by Indef on 09-14-2005 at 04:47 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File - by Matti on 09-14-2005 at 04:57 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File - by Indef on 09-14-2005 at 05:04 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File - by einum on 09-14-2005 at 06:15 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Personal Message auto-update from TXT File - by RaceProUK on 09-14-2005 at 06:51 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: