What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Opening conversation windows automatically

Opening conversation windows automatically
Author: Message:
Alfa_Romeo

O.P. Opening conversation windows automatically
Ok, I'm creating my first ever plugin for Plus! and I was doing fine, but I've come across a problem now. :S

My plugin is supposed to open a conversation window automatically with users from a list created when configuring the addon.  The list is fine, and I've managed to open conversation windows automatically when a user changes their status to online, or when I change my own status to online.  However, I can't seem to find a way to open the windows when: A. I first log on, and B. Other users first log on.

I tried using the OnSignIn event but it didn't open the windows, and I've got no clue how to find if a user has just logged on inside a dll.

First person to help me with this successfully gets to beta test when it's done! :D:P

EDIT: In VB6 btw.
EDIT2: it appears that it does actually work when another user signs in while testing, I just need it to work when I sign in now.
EDIT3: Ok, it appears that sometimes the DLL tries to initialize before I've logged in on to msn, and unfortunately it detects my status change (I think) and messes up msn, causing it to close before signing in fully.  So I also need a way to pause this until I'm logged in fully.

This post was edited on 09-15-2005 at 02:53 AM by Alfa_Romeo.
09-15-2005 12:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Opening conversation windows automatically - by Alfa_Romeo on 09-15-2005 at 12:42 AM
RE: Opening conversation windows automatically - by RaceProUK on 09-15-2005 at 11:58 AM
RE: Opening conversation windows automatically - by Alfa_Romeo on 09-15-2005 at 07:56 PM
RE: Opening conversation windows automatically - by RaceProUK on 09-15-2005 at 08:26 PM
RE: Opening conversation windows automatically - by Alfa_Romeo on 09-15-2005 at 10:38 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: