What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format

MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format
Author: Message:
quick brown fox

O.P. MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format
One of the most annoying things about msn messenger in my opinion is the way it wastes so much of your screen space for no good reason (i.e. it doesn't make the layout clearer or easier to read). An example of this is the way that there are so many borders within borders in each chat window and the gap between your photo and the other user (which could contain some buttons or contact information).

Anyway, aside from all that, the worst offender of space wastage is the way that whenever anyone sends a message you get their name followed by "says" followed by a new line!

-------------------
John says:
hey
John says:
what's up
Jane says:
nothing much
-------------------

This means that whenever someone types a long message or several messages at a time they no longer fit in the window and i have to scroll up to read or make the bloated windows even bigger in order to have a reasonable conversaton.

I would much rather have this kind of behaviour:

------------------
John: hey
what's up
Jane: nothing much
------------------

As you can see, this took up just half the number of lines and is the kind of behaviour you get from programs like skype and google talk.

Is there any way that I can make Messenger Plus! make this happen for me? And if not, how about any other programs?

Thanks =]
10-31-2005 12:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by quick brown fox on 10-31-2005 at 12:18 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by user27089 on 10-31-2005 at 12:31 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by quick brown fox on 10-31-2005 at 03:28 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by CookieRevised on 10-31-2005 at 03:55 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by Sunshine on 10-31-2005 at 03:55 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by quick brown fox on 10-31-2005 at 05:18 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by guanako on 10-31-2005 at 05:33 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by CookieRevised on 10-31-2005 at 05:54 PM
RE: RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by guanako on 10-31-2005 at 06:10 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by absorbation on 10-31-2005 at 05:58 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by CookieRevised on 10-31-2005 at 06:14 PM
RE: MSN Messenger and it's wasteful text format - by guanako on 10-31-2005 at 06:27 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: