What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5

new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5
Author: Message:
87gtNOS

O.P. new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5
Hey guys, ok, here's the story, bear with me!

I was tweaking my step mom's new PC a couple days ago.  She is Chinese.   I turned on her MSN messenger which is the new 'Live' version.   I don't use the new LIVE version personally.   Well, most of the writing is Chinese, because the step mom is Chinese.   When Live signed me in, a window popped up in the top left hand side.   The only part I could read was the name and email address.  Knowing that in MSN 7.5 when this happens, it's the 'this contact wishes to add you' window.   So I click what was the agree (it was in Chinese, but the mom said it said agree!) tab.   Now LIVE put it in a new folder 'other contacts'.  He was OFFLINE.   

Ok, so I get home the next day and turn on MSN 7.5 that I use, and that new contact is not there!   I don't have that 'other contacts' folder either.

So at work today, I still use the old 7.5, but other PC's here have LIVE messenger on them.   I logged onto one of them, and voila!  My new contact is still there in the folder 'other contacts'.

I slid him into one of my other folders and logged off.  Went back to my desk and logged onto 7.5, and he's NOT THERE!!  So I checked on the LIVE messenger again and he's there still, but on 7.5 he's not!

Why is this?!!

I am not familiar with MSN Live.   And this one was Chinese writing.   Could LIVE have simply been telling me that a person in my emails had messenger and wasn't part of my contacts on my messenger and was asking 'ME' if I wanted to add him?  As opposed to him requesting me? 

I'd just ask him, if he was online!

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks for the help!
07-03-2007 01:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5 - by 87gtNOS on 07-03-2007 at 01:03 PM
RE: new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5 - by Rik on 07-03-2007 at 09:48 PM
RE: new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5 - by Oxy on 07-03-2007 at 09:54 PM
RE: new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5 - by 87gtNOS on 07-04-2007 at 12:30 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: