What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on

WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on
Author: Message:
deffman

– / Male / Flag
O.P. WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on
As soon as I sign into WLM people on my contact list are getting a message saying something like hey check out this picture followed by a request to download a file.  I'm not sending these messages or files.  I have run numerous spyware programs, malware programs and virus checks and found nothing.  I have emailed MSN more times than I can count and everything they have suggested hasn't solved anything.  One of the emails suggested running onecare scanner which I did and came up with one problem under protection labeled:  backdoor:win32/oderoor.gen!B  followed by: C:windows\system32\ehknfpsgqz.exe.  No idea what the ehknfpsgqz.exe file is.  I put a check by the items to be cleaned and onecare said unable to clean.  I clicked on the more information button and it took to a msn page that explained what it was and under recovery it basically said manual deletion wasn't advised and to run a virus scan and gave the link to the onecare scanner.  So basically get the run around.  I'm not sure if this is what is causing the messages and file sends in WLM.  I am running windows XP Pro and using  WLM 8.1 I have also changed my password and security question numerous times.  Any help would be much appreciated.

This post was edited on 02-23-2008 at 12:53 AM by deffman.
02-23-2008 12:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on - by deffman on 02-23-2008 at 12:43 AM
RE: WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on - by Sunshine on 02-23-2008 at 01:08 AM
RE: WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on - by deffman on 02-23-2008 at 01:10 AM
RE: WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on - by CookieRevised on 02-23-2008 at 08:24 AM
RE: WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on - by deffman on 02-23-2008 at 08:44 AM
RE: WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on - by deffman on 02-23-2008 at 08:47 AM
RE: WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on - by ahmetgns on 02-26-2008 at 10:05 PM
RE: WLM sends out messages and files as soon as I sign on - by CookieRevised on 02-27-2008 at 01:32 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: