What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless

Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless
Author: Message:
Rikupsoni

O.P. Shocked  Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless
So downloaded the 2009 release version today for Windows XP (Finnish language, if that makes it any different).

But noticed some major bugs, I'm not able to use webcam. From the conversation window, go to video menu and try to click "show webcam" or "show person's webcam" (1) but the text are just in grey and I'm not able to click them.

It's the same if I click the webcam icon next to my avatar. In grey. The other person doesn't even have the cam icon.

From main WLM window I can click for "Show person's webcam" and then choose from contact list (2) but show mine is still grey and not usable. Weird that it works there?

So impossible to use webcam.  There's still the video call option which is clickable, it works but it's not a very nice choice for me. And, I can't see my own cam footage, it just shows that I don't have cam on. My friend still could see that my camera was working, tested this twice and saw someone else reporting this bug.

Then I asked a friend with the old 2008 version to invite me to open my webcam, it worked just like before. Except my webcam was mirrored? It was weird that you couldn't read text and the monitor was on left side when in reality it's on right side.

I asked my friends with the new version, all had the same problem.

It's really shameful that such major issue got past the beta phase. (N) If someone has contacts to WLM developer team or Plus! can fix it, workaround or some info, please post.

Here's an image to illustrate.
http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikupro/ckedup%20wlm.jpg

Can someone test this with different language versions?

This post was edited on 01-09-2009 at 12:54 PM by Rikupsoni.
01-08-2009 06:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless - by Rikupsoni on 01-08-2009 at 06:58 PM
RE: Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless - by Rikupsoni on 01-08-2009 at 10:40 PM
RE: Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless - by Chris4 on 01-08-2009 at 10:49 PM
RE: RE: Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless - by Rikupsoni on 01-08-2009 at 11:02 PM
RE: Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless - by Rikupsoni on 01-09-2009 at 12:50 PM
RE: Major issues with 2009, WLM bugs make webcams useless - by Rikupsoni on 01-19-2009 at 05:40 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: