What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Combining FB and Messenger log files

Combining FB and Messenger log files
Author: Message:
KiwiDude

– / – / Flag
O.P. Combining FB and Messenger log files
Hi, I've recently upgraded to Live Messenger 2011 along with Messenger Plus 5.00, and I love the many improvements, especially the embedded Facebook Chat functionality.

One thing I'm not so keen on, however, is the way that Messenger Plus records the chat logs from Facebook Chat conversations in a different folder than the chat logs from Messenger conversations.

Specifically: in my Chat Logging settings in Messenger Plus, I've got "organize in one folder per contact", which is how I've always done it for years. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that I still have the usual chat log folders which equate to the email address of each contact, but I now also have new chat log folders called "FB - John Smith" for example, for my Facebook contacts.

Could we have, as a new option for Messenger Plus in the future, the ability to save the Facebook Chat logs in the same folder (and as part of the same HTML files) as the Messenger logs, for those contacts who are on both Facebook and Messenger? This would make it a lot easier to find old chat logs, because currently, I have to search through two separate folders and two separate sets of HTML files to find a particular conversation with a particular contact.

After all, Messenger itself is able to "know" that a FB contact is the same person as a Messenger contact, based on their email address, and thus display that person as a single entry in my Messenger contacts list. So why not Messenger Plus also "knowing" the same thing?!

Cheers,
Jeremy
02-28-2011 09:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 02-28-2011 at 09:29 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by Arcticwolfx on 02-28-2011 at 11:03 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 01:48 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 01:49 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 03-11-2011 at 02:31 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 02:50 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by Arcticwolfx on 03-11-2011 at 03:07 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 03:22 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-12-2011 at 06:32 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 04-12-2011 at 09:09 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-13-2011 at 03:35 AM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 04-13-2011 at 03:31 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-13-2011 at 07:33 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: