What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Combining FB and Messenger log files

Combining FB and Messenger log files
Author: Message:
KiwiDude

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files
I'm not sure I agree. WLM 2011 definitely does have the ability to "know" that a FB contact is the same person as an existing WLM contact, and display it in the contact list as a single entity rather than as two entities. Regardless of whether the person is online using WLM or FB, they will appear as "online" in my contacts list. WLM even knows that a FB contact is the same person as a WLM contact when their respective email addresses (FB email and WLM email) are different! I'm not sure how WLM knows they are the same person - maybe it's based on their name, I dunno - but it somehow does, and they are always shown as just one contact entity in the contacts list.

Therefore, if WLM "knows" they are one person, even though they're using two networks, I see no reason why Messenger Plus! can't also "know" this, and record all of their conversations in a single logfile, regardless of the network they're using.

The suggestion to pay attention to which interface is used when chatting doesn't help with the problem here - I have no control over which network my friends use, and therefore no control over which logfile their conversation gets logged into.

The reason for wanting their conversations all in the same logfile location (regardless of network) is to make the future searching of logfiles easier - if I want to look up a conversation I remember having with a friend three months ago, it's a big inconvenience if I have to search through two sets of logfiles in different locations, rather than just one set.

Cheers,
Jeremy
03-11-2011 01:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 02-28-2011 at 09:29 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by Arcticwolfx on 02-28-2011 at 11:03 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 01:48 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 01:49 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 03-11-2011 at 02:31 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 02:50 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by Arcticwolfx on 03-11-2011 at 03:07 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 03:22 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-12-2011 at 06:32 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 04-12-2011 at 09:09 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-13-2011 at 03:35 AM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 04-13-2011 at 03:31 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-13-2011 at 07:33 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: