What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Combining FB and Messenger log files

Combining FB and Messenger log files
Author: Message:
KiwiDude

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files
Interesting. That's definitely not how it works on mine. I already had several existing WLM contacts when I was using WLM 2009, and then I upgraded to 2011 which gave me the FB integration. I didn't manually add any FB contacts myself - in fact I don't think it's possible to manually add individual FB contacts - when the FB integration is enabled, then *all* of your FB contacts get added to the WLM contacts list, inside the "Facebook" category there, and you can't delete any of them. It's all or nothing.

WLM then automatically, somehow, "matched" my existing WLM contacts with their FB equivalents, for those contacts who were also my FB friends. So now, if I hover my mouse over any contact in my list, the pop-up box appears and shows me which networks that contact uses (not which networks they are currently online with, but which networks they are registered with). For those friends using both networks, the pop-up box says "Networks: Windows Live, Facebook".

Note that this is also the case when I hover my mouse over any contact inside the Facebook category list. In other words, if I look at my dual-network friends inside the Facebook category list, they still appear there as using both networks, via the pop-up box. They never appear as Facebook-only contacts. And double-clicking on them to initiate a conversation will always give preference to chatting via the WLM network, if the contact is online with both networks at once.

The point is that my WLM never separates the two networks, in terms of how my contacts use them. They are always combined into the same contact "entity" in my list, for those friends who use both networks.
03-11-2011 03:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 02-28-2011 at 09:29 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by Arcticwolfx on 02-28-2011 at 11:03 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 01:48 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 01:49 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 03-11-2011 at 02:31 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 02:50 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by Arcticwolfx on 03-11-2011 at 03:07 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by KiwiDude on 03-11-2011 at 03:22 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-12-2011 at 06:32 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 04-12-2011 at 09:09 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-13-2011 at 03:35 AM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by CookieRevised on 04-13-2011 at 03:31 PM
RE: Combining FB and Messenger log files - by zakazak on 04-13-2011 at 07:33 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: