What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ?

Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ?
Author: Message:
HornyToad

50 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ?
the shortcut idea is what I do since the beginning, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, like I set alt+1 as /all brb and alt+2 is /all I'm back. or ctrl+F11 is the boss key shortcut that sends the away message to everyone i'm chatting with. So I ctrl+F11 then win+L, but sometimes I forget or the phone is ringing so I have to hurry.

But one simpler solution that would not need any user interaction would be upon status change, (I'm sure there's a VBevent that covers that) simply send the text from one of the "boss protection->configuration" texts to all chat windows. That's where I got the idea. its already all in there, just needs to be sent upon status change and not wait for user interaction. Forget setting system wide shortcut to win+l, its not needed if msgplus detects status changes.

Like, in the msgplus preferences, boss protection -> configuration, one of those predefined messages, could be assigned to each change in status, it already has all the requirements :

status (away, etc)
text when going in
text when going out

add more boss protection numbers not just 3, like one for each status or more.

so upon detection of change in status of messenger, cycle through these predef texts, find the one with the status that is the same as the current status and display the message to all chat windows as it does right now, without pressing the boss key first.

Come to think of it, the only change in interface we really need is a checkbox on that config window that says "send upon status change detection" so we can have as many away messages as we want (like now) but only one can be set for auto-away.

And when I come back online (ie : switch back to my opened session), it would send the text just as if I had double clicked the bossprotection icon.

the trick is to detect changes in status, but msgplus already does that by showing the away dialog box when I manually change the status.

ok, long story short: upon status change detection, to all open chat windows send a predefined boss protection text for that status, and if status = online, send "text going out" from the previous away message's.

lol, ok well i hope it helps developpers understand my suggestion a bit better,

keep up the excellent work guys and gals,
HT

This post was edited on 11-20-2003 at 10:56 PM by HornyToad.
11-20-2003 10:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by HornyToad on 11-14-2003 at 06:28 PM
RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by CookieRevised on 11-14-2003 at 07:55 PM
RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by bach_m on 11-14-2003 at 08:09 PM
RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by CookieRevised on 11-15-2003 at 01:56 PM
RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by HornyToad on 11-20-2003 at 10:51 PM
RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by HornyToad on 11-20-2003 at 11:00 PM
RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by CookieRevised on 11-21-2003 at 11:18 PM
RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by BooGhost on 02-17-2004 at 12:45 AM
RE: RE: Automatic away/return message when quickswitching in Windows XP ? - by HornyToad on 08-28-2004 at 07:51 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: