What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation...

MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation...
Author: Message:
Dissection

O.P. MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation...
Hi Guys!

(not sure I'm in the right section here..)

I have a little problem getting MSG+ to run on computers a work on which I am not admin :P

here's how I do it:  Since I cannot "install" MSN6 normally as I should with the installation program, I simply copy the folder c:\program files\MSN Messenger from a working installation and import the registry keys that go with it.  This has always worked fine and still does.

I did the same with Messenger Plus! 3 and imported the registry keys as well and when I click the "msgplus.exe" file, I get nothing.  the executable does not launch and it does not appear in the processes anywhere.

So the question is:  what is it that msgplus.exe looks for specifically in order to launch and stay resident?

I think there is only a little detail missing here because I have tried the very same files for copying Messenger Plus and importing the keys, but on a computer on which MSN6 was installed through the installation program and that works just fine...  so it's really just something that is being checked that is not there yet...  any ideas?

06-16-2004 01:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation... - by Dissection on 06-16-2004 at 01:06 PM
RE: MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation... - by GiantSpider on 06-16-2004 at 05:18 PM
RE: MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation... - by KeyStorm on 06-16-2004 at 05:29 PM
RE: MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation... - by GiantSpider on 06-16-2004 at 05:37 PM
RE: MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation... - by MC Inferno on 06-16-2004 at 05:42 PM
RE: MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation... - by Patchou on 06-16-2004 at 06:28 PM
RE: MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation... - by Dissection on 06-16-2004 at 07:45 PM
RE: MSG+ without a real MSN6 installation... - by Patchou on 06-16-2004 at 08:05 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: