What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Program conflict

Program conflict
Author: Message:
Papercut

O.P. Program conflict
Hi, I'm not sure if this problem was posted before so I'll post it myself (although I have checked several pages of threads in this section).

I'm running the latest version of MSN and Messenger Plus - 6.2 and 3 respectively, on a Windows 98 SE operating system. Within a few minutes of starting MSN Messenger I get a window with the following error message:

Messenger Plus! Recovery

MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger is currently running without Messenger Plus! added functionalities. This generally happens when another program installed on a system behaves incorrectly. Such kind of program prevents other softwares to run properly too, not only Messenger Plus!.

The best thing to do, if you can, is to try to find out what program is causing the interferences and upgrade it (or uninstall it). Messenger Plus! is built to resist that kind of issue, please select the action you want to be performed to correct the situation.

(radio button) Repair and restart Messenger (recommended)
(radio button) Repair and try to fix permanently when computer starts
(radio button) Stop displaying this window)

/end of error message.

Here is what I have tried doing:
Using each of the 3 options stated above. Problem still occurs for the first 2, and Plus! continues not to load.
Uninstalled both MSN and Plus, then re-installed. (Just a note, this problem occurred for earlier versions of both programs too)

Does anyone have a suggestion? If i'm posting in the wrong section, I'm sorry. Feel free to move it to Bug Reports or something.

Thanks!

This post was edited on 07-20-2004 at 05:21 AM by Papercut.
07-20-2004 05:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Program conflict - by Papercut on 07-20-2004 at 05:08 AM
RE: Program conflict - by Sunshine on 07-20-2004 at 08:40 AM
RE: Program conflict - by Papercut on 07-20-2004 at 02:31 PM
RE: Program conflict - by Sunshine on 07-20-2004 at 04:56 PM
RE: Program conflict [+ possible bug?] - by CookieRevised on 07-20-2004 at 09:04 PM
RE: Program conflict - by Papercut on 07-21-2004 at 08:14 AM
RE: Program conflict - by Papercut on 07-22-2004 at 04:30 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: