What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin?

Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin?
Author: Message:
Sorrento

O.P. RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin?
I would expect around 90% of the subformats of Jpegs can be seen partially completed, as I have experianced it many times before when looking at an image using http when I have only  uploaded half of it to my ftp server.

When you have 600kb of a 700kb then retrieving it is worthwhile, sure you may have about a quater of an inch of grey where the file has cut off, but since when is anything important in the bottom of the picture? :)

Jpegs are built so they work in blocks, left to right, top to bottom, meaning the top left of the picture is at the start of the file, bottom right is at the end of the file. Unlike most Gif files that are built in a sort of matrix format.

Retrieving the files is the main thing to me, if I can retrieve them then I can repair them.
08-10-2004 03:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Sorrento on 08-10-2004 at 11:52 AM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Martijn. on 08-10-2004 at 11:59 AM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Sorrento on 08-10-2004 at 12:16 PM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Martijn. on 08-10-2004 at 12:38 PM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Sorrento on 08-10-2004 at 12:51 PM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Martijn. on 08-10-2004 at 12:54 PM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Sorrento on 08-10-2004 at 12:55 PM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Anubis on 08-10-2004 at 01:19 PM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by CookieRevised on 08-10-2004 at 02:40 PM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by Sorrento on 08-10-2004 at 03:58 PM
RE: Saving / Retrieving partially transfered files? Maybe Plugin? - by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 11:16 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: