What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Uninstalling the Sponsor Program

Uninstalling the Sponsor Program
Author: Message:
janetS

RE: Uninstalling the Sponsor Program
I also inadvertently installed the sponsor program with messenger plus.

I also tried re-installing and uninstalling (WIN 2000), both without and with the sponsor program. This has failed to remove the annoying ads and the internet explorer toolbars and other extras, and failed to protect me from a browser hijacker to some other home page.

I am running a government computer and do not appreciate the position this puts me in (having extra, unauthorized items and weblinks on my machine).

I would like to completely remove both Messenger Plus and the sponsor program from my computer. I also want to remove the extra toolbar and popup quicklaunch kind of thing that comes up with internet explorer. Please tell me how to do so other than repeating the 'reinstall/uninstall' mantra. I already tried that.

If I cannot remove these items, I will be forced to re-image my machine completely, a use of my time and your tax dollars. It takes about two days to backup, re-image, and re-setup the machine.

I do not admire the sneaky way the sponsor program acceptance is entered the install sequence. I do not endorse Messenger Plus or its sponsors in any way. I will not be using messenger plus at all, nor will I buy any products from its sponsors.
09-08-2004 06:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Uninstalling the Sponsor Program - by Nasfat on 09-07-2004 at 02:20 AM
RE: Uninstalling the Sponsor Program - by bach_m on 09-07-2004 at 02:31 AM
RE: Uninstalling the Sponsor Program - by Sunshine on 09-07-2004 at 09:18 PM
RE: Uninstalling the Sponsor Program - by janetS on 09-08-2004 at 06:25 PM
RE: Uninstalling the Sponsor Program - by Anubis on 09-08-2004 at 06:50 PM
RE: Uninstalling the Sponsor Program - by CookieRevised on 09-09-2004 at 01:06 AM
RE: Uninstalling the Sponsor Program - by Nasfat on 09-10-2004 at 01:11 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: