What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » adware

adware
Author: Message:
keef

O.P. adware
ok I'm one of the people who must have been asleep when i installed this and did'nt read the terms and conditions properly like anyone does anyway!

I have uninstalled the software due to it installing unwanted tool bars in explorer and who knows what else.

I uninstalled the software exactly as explained in the eailer post
but this only uninstalls the software not the tool bars.
In the end i had to resort to using a virus program to remove them. This was a few weeks ago, I then turned my pc on this morning and wahey they are back again after two weeks!!

I'm sure this software is very good but there should be a clearer warning about the adware or spyware that can be installed with it as i'm pretty paranoid about that kind of stuff and still managed to miss it.

Anyway i would like to know how i can now remove this adware/spyware from my pc because just un-installing does NOT remove it.

I also dont think that this is going to help the software in any way as most free software only ads toolbars and advertising while the software is installed and does not make it impossible to get rid of afterwards .
thanks
09-13-2004 04:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
adware - by keef on 09-13-2004 at 04:22 PM
RE: adware - by Tochjo on 09-13-2004 at 05:14 PM
RE: adware - by Patchou on 09-13-2004 at 05:20 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites