What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » New Plugin API

New Plugin API
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  New Plugin API
Hello fellow developers,

I just finished to update the plugin API for Messenger Plus! 3.20 and I thought that you would like to see it now, before the new version is released.

For those who don't know already, the Plugin API package has been completely restructured to have a more "professional" feeling. Also, version 5 of the API (distributed with Plus!3.20) give you access to a new function: SetNewName(). I'm sure that many of you will be happy to know that you can now change the name of the current user with this function.

Finally, and I think this is the main reason why all of you should download this new API, I added a new, more advanced, sample for Visual C++ 7 and Visual Basic .NET (so get the package again if you downloaded it a few days ago). This new sample demonstrates how to use the Messenger API with the Messenger object sent during initialization (once again, you must NOT try to create a new Messenger object yourself, it will cause problems in your users's computers, including crashes).

The sample creates an event viewer, similar to the one featured in Messenger Plus! (actually, I copy/pasted some of the Messenger Plus! code in it). I'm sure there's a lot of things to learn for some of you in this sample so go ahead and check it out! The Messenger API (including its documentation) is also distributed in the package now, this will make things easier for everyone.

I really hope you will enjoy the new API. The download url has not changed so be sure to clean your cache before you get the new file: http://files.msgplus.net/data/MPPlugins.zip .

Let me know what you think about all that!
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-17-2004 01:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
New Plugin API - by Patchou on 09-17-2004 at 01:13 AM
RE: New Plugin API - by Yousef on 09-17-2004 at 04:39 AM
RE: New Plugin API - by -dt- on 09-17-2004 at 09:55 AM
RE: New Plugin API - by Patchou on 09-17-2004 at 07:24 PM
RE: New Plugin API - by Martijn. on 09-17-2004 at 10:05 PM
RE: RE: New Plugin API - by Martijn. on 09-17-2004 at 10:10 PM