What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Dutch Translation correction

Dutch Translation correction
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Dutch Translation correction
quote:
Originally posted by timmie_loots
Section: [Command]
Current text: Helpstatus=automatisch bericht
Fixed text: Helpstatus=optioneel bericht
No... those texts (for which this settings is made) are called "automated messages". Also, in the command window you can read "geef het automatische bericht op voor en gepersonaliseerde status (optioneel)", and in other places in Plus! it is also "automated message"...

quote:
Originally posted by timmie_loots
Section: [Dialog.EventLog]
Current text: OpenLogErrorTitle=Messenger Plus!
Fixed text: OpenLogErrorTitle=Bestand Niet Aangemaakt
Look carefully at all the other titles of the messageboxes, dialogboxes, etc... They are very carefully made consistent (which isn't in the original english version; sometimes "Plus" is shown, sometimes the "error", other times the "window topic"... sorry Patchou....); I even made a extensive list in excel especially for that! Also, some messagboxes are shown not modal, this means that they can pop up out of the blue without showing the Messenger window. In that case there is no immediate way of knowing from where that box popped up, thus I've made the title "Messenger Plus" (like in some other messageboxes in messenger plus which do have the plus-title...) Also, it is very clear by the errormessage itself what went wrong.

Like I said, I carefully checked, rechecked, and thought about it a lot, and checked even more (without altering too much from the original) before coming to the consistent naming which it is now...

If I altered a translation from the original, it is only because I had the means to make it even more correct, detailed or consistent then it was...

So, you'll find more alterations like that in the dutch translation, not much though. For example: in the english translation, some different words are use each time to name a certain thing (eg: contacts/contactperson, chatwindow/conversation window, etc. <= bad examples, but you know what I mean), where I always used the same word to describe the thing.

But rest assure (also this is to Patchou) that I didn't altered anything so that things are less clear or not like they are meant to be, etc... On the contrarary, If I did alter something, it is only to make things even more clear and also consistent.

This post was edited on 09-19-2004 at 02:14 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-19-2004 02:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Dutch Translation correction - by timmie_loots on 09-18-2004 at 06:38 PM
RE: Dutch Translation correction - by BEWARE^^ on 09-18-2004 at 10:10 PM
RE: Dutch Translation correction - by CookieRevised on 09-19-2004 at 02:05 AM
RE: RE: Dutch Translation correction - by timmie_loots on 09-19-2004 at 11:19 AM
RE: Dutch Translation correction - by CookieRevised on 09-19-2004 at 11:38 AM
RE: Dutch Translation correction - by crank on 09-19-2004 at 02:59 PM
RE: RE: Dutch Translation correction - by timmie_loots on 09-19-2004 at 03:06 PM
RE: Dutch Translation correction - by CookieRevised on 09-19-2004 at 05:18 PM
RE: RE: Dutch Translation correction - by timmie_loots on 09-19-2004 at 05:42 PM
RE: Dutch Translation correction - by CookieRevised on 09-19-2004 at 07:04 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: