What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Please help INSTALLING the sponsor...

Please help INSTALLING the sponsor...
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Please help INSTALLING the sponsor...
Hahaha... it's indeed the first time I see that kind of "complaint". The explanation is very simple: in order to calm down some of the usual complains, C2Media is currently testing delayed installation of the software. This means that once installed, nothing is deployed on your computer before about 24 hours. It seems that many people who uninstall Plus!, unisntall it during the first day of use. This is in part due by the fact that many people expect something different (like Trillian). These people will never see a trace of the sponsor on their system, it'slike somekind of trial period. Even better, if they have something like SpyBot S&D running (I'm in no way suggesting you should, this stuff kills your computer speed), it will detect the setup and delete it before it's used.

So, if you wanna test the sponsor, just add like 2 days to your clock and wait a couple of minutes :). Note: I've spoke to one of my translators about this and he didn't like it as it found it sneaky. Before you give the same argument, remember that we're talking about 1 day of delay here, not a week. Except if you install 10 software a week, you'll know when the stuff comes from. I'm pretty sure that this new "feature" will help keep my users happy and it won't leave a bad taste just right at the end of the setup. If it works well and if we don't lose too much money with it, it will stay. A special paragraph has been added in the end of the license agreement to talk about it (many people just scroll right to the bottom of the agreement so they will see the delay install notice).

This post was edited on 09-26-2004 at 04:37 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-26-2004 04:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Please help INSTALLING the sponsor... - by Omar on 09-26-2004 at 03:15 AM
RE: Please help INSTALLING the sponsor... - by Chrono on 09-26-2004 at 03:31 AM
RE: Please help INSTALLING the sponsor... - by matty on 09-26-2004 at 03:32 AM
RE: Please help INSTALLING the sponsor... - by Patchou on 09-26-2004 at 04:26 AM
RE: Please help INSTALLING the sponsor... - by BooGhost on 09-27-2004 at 12:58 AM
RE: RE: Please help INSTALLING the sponsor... - by CookieRevised on 09-27-2004 at 05:08 AM
RE: Please help INSTALLING the sponsor... - by Fred Greg on 09-28-2004 at 10:12 AM
RE: Please help INSTALLING the sponsor... - by Patchou on 09-28-2004 at 04:53 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: