What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Get This (My Future Shop Story)

Get This (My Future Shop Story)
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story)
quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
So boxing day of last year (December 26/2003) I purchased a Sony MiniDisc NetMD Walkman. It was $229.99 Before tax. So I purchase an extended warranty to cover my ass incase of accidental dropage. So needless to say I drop it. Now this is back in April, lukily my minidisc only has a small crack in one of the corners far enough away from any major internal components. That day I decide ok new music time. Happily collecting my new legal collection of downloaded music (got to love Canada) I proceed to write the data. Now on September 19/04 I take my MiniDisc player into Future Shop because "it no longer will write to any media", I tell the lady at the counter, I get a "huh?!?", in non-technical terms I tell her "I can't burn music to my minidisc player." She says ok and sets it up to be serviced. She explains that they will send it "next-door" (what ever that means) And if they cant fix it they will need to send it away for service. I say thats fine. (Note there is a Power Station store that specializes in Electronics but they have no affiliation with eachother. So back to my story). Today I come home from work remember I need to call Future Shop. So I call them on my cell phone. I Speak to one male at Customer Service named Al, he transfers me, then I speak to a lady, she transfers me, while on hold it starts to ring again, the same lady answers the phone, I say what I am wanting, "status on my Sony MiniDisc player I brought in for service" so she says ok holdon, and transfers me again. So the phone starts to ring again, the same lady picks up, I tell her what I am looking for she says ok hold on let me get my sheet. She goes to a phone near where the sheet would be and its not there. She puts me on hold again and says I am going to another phone, one moment. Being as paitent as possible I hold. She comes back asks for my last name, I tell her, and she proceeds to say... "We have no record of you bring it in, why not give us a call back on Thursday because that is the day we recieve shipments of customer units back". I say ok I will call back Thursday.

Needless to say as far as I can see, Future Shop has lost my MiniDisc player, now should I demand I get an iPod and only have to pay half the difference? I mean its one thing for a long shipment/repair that is understandable but not having any record when I have a reciept saying I brought it in...

Anyways, moral of the story, Stay away from Future Shop, its Best Buy from now on for this big spender!

:lol: haha - ya, Futureshop always has shitty service, unlike Office Depot. Last year my (fairly old) Lexmark X83 broke down, I called the 1-800 number for the warranty, and tell them it doesn't work. The lady asks if there's ink, I say yes, I got a cheque for my full purchase price 3 days later and bought a brand new HP Photosmart 7760 for only like $20 more :refuck:

If there was a Best Buy here, I'd shop there....

Which reminds me, there's a small-ish electronics store called "Andre's Audiotronics" which has lost most of thei business here. Why? A bigger company with more selection? Poor Service? NO! Somebody tried to shoplift something, so the manager ran after them, smashed their head against the ground and killed them :o

:dodgy: Dodgy managers...:dodgy:
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
10-06-2004 01:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Get This (My Future Shop Story) - by matty on 10-06-2004 at 01:31 AM
RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story) - by .blade// on 10-06-2004 at 01:44 AM
RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story) - by marissa on 10-06-2004 at 02:04 AM
RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story) - by .blade// on 10-06-2004 at 02:06 AM
RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story) - by DJeX on 10-06-2004 at 02:09 AM
RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story) - by matty on 10-06-2004 at 02:13 AM