What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » laptop problem: broken motherboard??!?!

laptop problem: broken motherboard??!?!
Author: Message:
Osiris

www.sonsofra.co.uk

36 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  laptop problem: broken motherboard??!?!
I have a laptop that was restarting in a loop when it loaded windows xp. however it booted in safemode every so often.. however because i had no need of anything on it and it was given to me because it was "broken" i formated it. Now i want to reinstall windows xp but whenever i try it freezes at some point prior to the installation or restarts in a loop, or crashes with a stop screen. but it will boot off a live evaluation cd for Suse Linux that i have... according to a computer technical shop that the person who had it took it too it was a problem with the motherboard. does this seem right considering it would enter windows in safe mode and now will run suse linux live evaluation fine. i would appreciate any suggestions of what i could do to get it to work again as its a pretty decent laptop. celeron pentium 4.
         thanks

EDIT: does anyone know how i can reformat a pc that doesnt have ANY OS on it whatsoever, i need to format it again in a different way so i can install win98 on it then update it to XP

This post was edited on 10-21-2004 at 10:18 PM by Osiris.
[Image: osisig.jpg]
10-21-2004 04:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
laptop problem: broken motherboard??!?! - by Osiris on 10-21-2004 at 04:46 PM
RE: laptop problem: broken motherboard??!?! - by Pyroteq on 10-22-2004 at 08:11 AM
RE: laptop problem: broken motherboard??!?! - by Osiris on 10-22-2004 at 12:11 PM
RE: laptop problem: broken motherboard??!?! - by andrey on 10-22-2004 at 12:32 PM
RE: laptop problem: broken motherboard??!?! - by surfichris on 10-22-2004 at 12:59 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: