What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » quick icon panels configuration grayed out

quick icon panels configuration grayed out
Author: Message:
Tochjo
forum super mod

37 / Male / Flag
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out
quote:
Originally posted by seakelp911
what exactly do I need to do to add custom emoticons?
tools > create emoticons > then what?

Click the Add button and browse for an image on your system.

quote:
Originally posted by seakelp911
If I find a 19x19 image and add that in that menu, then I should be able to view the configure panel which should give me more emoticons than just the default msn 10?
MSN Messenger comes with a large amount of emoticons by default, for example the emoticons :), :( and :@. In order to customize your Messenger, you can add custom images as emoticons. These are nothing more than images that have the same size and can be sent to your contact easily.

To add such images as emoticons, do as I described before: Tools > Create emoticons > Add. You will be asked to enter some details (for example the name you wish to give it, or the shortcut you wish to use for it in a conversation window - just like the shortcut :) gives :)).

MSN Messenger can only show 10 of your custom emoticons in a conversation window; these 10 will be visible on the last row when you click the :) button on the toolbar in a conversation window. With the Plus! quick icons panel, available when you press a ) in your conversation window, you can show all your custom emoticons. But, logically, in order to be able to use and customize the panel for that, you will have to add custom emoticons first, otherwise it will be unavailable - the customize button will be greyed out :)
11-06-2004 06:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by seakelp911 on 11-06-2004 at 06:01 PM
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by Tochjo on 11-06-2004 at 06:06 PM
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by seakelp911 on 11-06-2004 at 06:10 PM
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by Tochjo on 11-06-2004 at 06:19 PM
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by seakelp911 on 11-06-2004 at 06:24 PM
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by Tochjo on 11-06-2004 at 06:32 PM
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by seakelp911 on 11-06-2004 at 06:32 PM
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by Tochjo on 11-06-2004 at 06:40 PM
RE: quick icon panels configuration grayed out - by seakelp911 on 11-06-2004 at 06:53 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: