What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Backup messenger / Change to different computer

Backup messenger / Change to different computer
Author: Message:
rpOliveira

O.P. Backup messenger / Change to different computer
Hi!

I had to format my computer so I backed up  the Application Data folder because  it has a lot of configuration files to many applications. Now I want to have messenger configured like it was, with all the display pictures, backgrounds and custom emoticons I had. So I copied my MSN Messenger folder from APplication Data to the new Application Data-> Microsoft -> MSN Messenger, replacing that folder. In there, there are all my custom emoticons, backgrounds and display pics in dat files.

The problem is that my messenger doesn't recongnize any of the emoticons, pics and backgroundds I had - it's compeltely reseted as a new installation. So I want to know, if you can help me, what am I missing to reconfigure messenger. It must be possible to change computer or reinstall messenger and configure it like we originally had it. In every folder (backgrounds, customemoticons) there's a map.dat besides all the other dat files (wich are the images as png). I don't know what to do tell messenger to read those files. Their location is exactly the same as when I formatted the computer.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance
11-22-2004 03:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by rpOliveira on 11-22-2004 at 03:02 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by CookieRevised on 11-22-2004 at 06:15 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by lopardo on 11-22-2004 at 11:18 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by rpOliveira on 11-23-2004 at 07:32 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by chris on 11-23-2004 at 08:55 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by CookieRevised on 11-23-2004 at 08:58 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by rpOliveira on 11-23-2004 at 10:28 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by CookieRevised on 11-23-2004 at 10:40 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by rpOliveira on 11-23-2004 at 11:06 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by CookieRevised on 11-24-2004 at 08:45 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: