What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Backup messenger / Change to different computer

Backup messenger / Change to different computer
Author: Message:
rpOliveira

O.P. RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer
Thanks again. Welll, that info was the most important issue to recover. Now my logs are incomplete forever and I really feel sorry for that.

I waited for some log viewer that could show custom emoticons and I think this is indispensable. Even if the shortcuts can change, that application shoud let us map the shortcuts to emoticons, and display the logs with that info. This is something very important to the communication and shoud be possible to save the logs with all emoticons to have, at later time, complete understanding of the communication.

If a shortcut was changed, that application could map the origianl shortcut to the emoticons until that date, and map the changes after that date.

This, for me, would be the most important feature to introduce to messenger in the next steps because in every chat, an important part of the process of communicating is being lost.

To code an external application to do that, it is necessary the access to the logs (obviously and esily) but also to the maps of shortcuts and emoticons.

You sais that nobody coul encrypt the file back but it's possible to decrypt it and access those maps?

Thanks for your attention
11-23-2004 11:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by rpOliveira on 11-22-2004 at 03:02 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by CookieRevised on 11-22-2004 at 06:15 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by lopardo on 11-22-2004 at 11:18 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by rpOliveira on 11-23-2004 at 07:32 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by chris on 11-23-2004 at 08:55 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by CookieRevised on 11-23-2004 at 08:58 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by rpOliveira on 11-23-2004 at 10:28 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by CookieRevised on 11-23-2004 at 10:40 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by rpOliveira on 11-23-2004 at 11:06 PM
RE: Backup messenger / Change to different computer - by CookieRevised on 11-24-2004 at 08:45 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: