What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Log Searching

Log Searching
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Log Searching
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Then simply use the already existing tools in Windows: Right-click on the log-directory (in Windows Explorer for example) and select "search" and put the line you want to search for in there as "search for content"......

did you try this out yourself cookie? I put in a log "jdfi783hjnzx8sd8h3" saved it and tried the method you just used and it didnt find anything and accually showed 2 logs which have nothing of this sort of typing in there.

and about the lazyness - Programs/plugins/apps w/e are here to make our life easier, better and faster (both for lazy and nonlazy people) If it wasnt like that, why are we on Windows XP and why didnt we stay on MSDOS/Windows 95? Because its easier.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
However I will say that this cannot be done for people who encrypt their chat logs, and can only be performed on plain text logs. I have wanted to be able to do a generic search on my logs a couple of times, but can't because there is no way to search them without having some kind of password entry.

I did think about this and the only way around would be in the search window to put your password if you wish to also search in encrypted passwords.

I also see nowadays a pproblem with members; they just state their opinion. I just wanna say that this is just a suggestion (which will possibly never make it to Messenger Plus!) so i dont really care about the opinions. I would rather hear people apport ways to do this or improvements. But w/e its your post count :)
11-30-2004 05:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Log Searching - by riahc4 on 11-30-2004 at 03:58 PM
RE: Log Searching - by Anubis on 11-30-2004 at 04:19 PM
RE: Log Searching - by Plik on 11-30-2004 at 04:19 PM
RE: Log Searching - by Anubis on 11-30-2004 at 04:29 PM
RE: Log Searching - by CookieRevised on 11-30-2004 at 05:17 PM
RE: Log Searching - by Jeronimo on 11-30-2004 at 05:27 PM
RE: Log Searching - by CookieRevised on 11-30-2004 at 05:44 PM
RE: Log Searching - by riahc4 on 11-30-2004 at 05:50 PM