What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware..

[Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware..
Author: Message:
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware..
quote:
Originally posted by eckocomplex
I was running that as a test version for three hours during un-busy periods (I was being ripped off, I just had to make sure). I have fixed the installer to have options, much like Plus!. People are puting words into my mouth in that thread.

http://www.messengerdiscovery.com/forums/index.ph...f5e8c7441d21c3e2b7

Read that, it should answer any questions. If not, PM them to me (or ask here) and I'll post the Q/A there.

Oh by the way, if you saw my bandwidth bill you would understand why actually NEED the sponsor ;) (I use about 15GB a day banwidth).

You, my friend need a better ISP, I blow through 15GB in about a week and I am not a software dev or anything like that. I just like to download stuff, like big games. Still only costs me about $40 (9 mbps too) and my ISP hasn't complained yet.

A sponsor is a good way to go if your spending a lot of time on the program, although you should try and think of ways to make it clear to your users that the program comes with an optional sponsor and give instructions on how to remove it and such. You should also take some notes from Patchou. He's run into trouble with his sponsor program because people can't figure out how to uninstall it, so he created a page and now complaints have died down.
[Image: 7.png]
12-12-2004 03:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by Xero_Cool on 12-11-2004 at 11:37 PM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by zaidgs on 12-12-2004 at 01:30 AM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by eckocomplex on 12-12-2004 at 02:14 AM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by Xero_Cool on 12-12-2004 at 03:02 AM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by Concord Dawn on 12-12-2004 at 03:06 AM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by eckocomplex on 12-12-2004 at 03:36 AM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by Dane on 12-12-2004 at 03:52 AM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by gnownoskcid on 12-12-2004 at 04:13 AM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by eckocomplex on 12-12-2004 at 04:51 AM
RE: [Sponsor]MessengerDiscovery alot of adware.. - by Chrono on 12-12-2004 at 09:17 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: